- Proprietary Rights
- This Website is an official MCCY website. It is owned and operated by MCCY.
- The materials located on this Website including the graphics, images, statistical data, reports, charts, graphs, information and documentation (“the Contents”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by the Government of the Republic of Singapore (“the Government”).
- Restrictions on Use of the Contents
- Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior permission of the Government, as represented by MCCY. To use any parts of the Contents of this Website, the user (“the Applicant”) must seek permission from MCCY in writing, stating the Contents for use; intent of use; manner of use; time frame of use; and identity of the user. MCCY reserves the right to refuse permission without providing any reason(s) whatsoever; and/or if the information submitted by the Applicant is deemed insufficient.
- Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of the Government’s copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Apart from obtaining express permission from MCCY as referred to in Clause 3.1, the Applicant shall ensure that:
- due acknowledgement is given to MCCY, citing this website and/or communications with MCCY where applicable, in relation to the relevant data extracted;
- the Contents are used for informational and non-commercial purposes only;
- the Contents will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media; and
- no alterations, additions or modifications to the Contents are made in any way.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- The Contents of this Website are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Government does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
- as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this website;
- that the accessibility and operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that identified defects will be corrected; and
- that this website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
- The Government shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind (direct, incidental or consequential) caused as a result of the use of this Website, including but not limited to:
- reliance on the Contents contained in or available from this Website; or interruptions or errors or defects in the website such as any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any data or information however caused.
- Use of Data
- Subject to Clauses 5.2 to 5.8, any personal data shared with the Government (“Personal Data”) through this Website may be collected, used and disclosed by the Government to the extent that it is necessary for the effective delivery of public services.
- Personal Data may be disclosed to with other Government agencies and Statutory Boards carrying out public functions (“Public Agencies”) unless such disclosure is prohibited by law. Users of this Website shall be presumed to consent to such disclosure of Personal Data.
- Personal Data will not be disclosed to entities that are not Public Agencies except where such entities have been authorised to act on behalf of the Government and the Personal Data is necessary in order for the entities to do so.
- The Government shall secure all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data with appropriate security technologies.
- Users of this Website may revoke their consent to the disclosure of Personal Data referred to in Clauses 5.2 and 5.3 by writing to the Charities Unit.
- Users of this Website warrant that all Personal Data submitted through this Website is complete, accurate and consistent with any supporting documents that are submitted in support of any application to the Charities Unit.
- Personal Data that had been previously supplied by the user to Public Agencies will be displayed to the user on this Website. Users of this Website shall:
- ensure that the Personal Data is complete, accurate and updated; and
- inform the Charities Unit if there are any inaccuracies in the Personal Data.
- Inaccurate, incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in:
- delays in processing or rejection of the user’s applications through this Website; and/or
- the user being liable for costs incurred due to his submission of false or incorrect information.
- Right of Access
- MCCY reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular internet address to this website, at any time, without providing any reason(s) whatsoever.
- Links to and from this Website
- This website contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by MCCY. MCCY shall not be:
- responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites; or
- considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trademarks or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on those websites;
- Subject to Clause 7.3, caching and links to, and the framing of this Website or any of the Contents are prohibited.
- Users may, upon making a specific request to MCCY and securing permission from MCCY,
- create a hyperlink to this Website;
- frame this Website or any of the Contents; or
- engage in similar activities.
- The permission referred to in Clause 7.3 may be subject to conditions as MCCY may impose in its sole discretion.
- MCCY reserves all rights to revoke its permission referred to in Clause 7.3 in writing, at any point in time and without providing any reason(s) whatsoever.
- MCCY reserves all rights to disable any links to and from, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
- Any correspondence, including any queries, to MCCY or the Charities Unit, shall be in writing and delivered by hand, prepaid registered post, fax or email to:
The Charities Unit
Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth
140 Hill Street, Level 2
Fax: 6837 8090
- Governing Law